- April 6, 2018 – MaiTRIX reports significant breakthroughs with TPU development. MaiTRIX is announcing it has made significant breakthroughs in Modular Computation which have significant impact for MaiTRIX’s new TPU matrix multiplier and other MaiTRIX technologies. Eric Olsen, president of MaiTRIX states “The most I can say at this time is we’ve significantly increased our understanding of fixed point arithmetic. Let me add these improvements only strengthen and bolster our position modular computation will become the preferred method of cloud-based neural network processing. We’ve been off the fence for a long time here at MaiTRIX, but advancements like these tear the fence down”.
- Jan 1, 2018 – MaiTRIX posts informative presentation describing basic RNS ALU design. Computer systems which employ the newly emerging science of Modular Computation are unique and have surprisingly different computer architecture than conventional binary systems. As always, it helps to start with some simple examples, and clear explanations of the some of the problems solved using IP developed by MaiTRIX. Download it at: RNS_ALU_Design.
- Oct 22, 2017 – MaiTRIX posts upgrade to its RNS-APAL software library. The upgrade includes a few fixes and is accompanied with a revised RNS-APAL User Guide and Tutorial Guide V1.05. See our downloadspage. MaiTRIX is now calling general purpose RNS arithmetic “modular computation“.
- Oct 2, 2017 – Canadian patent office issues patents to MaiTRIX. MaiTRIX is granted key Canadian patents in area of residue number processing and residue number computer systems.
- Sept 25, 2017 – USPTO grants patent for improved multiplier and converter. Eric Olsen, president of MaiTRIX, states “Our licensed patent portfolio has grown again by the addition of a key patent for an improved RNS multiplier, which provides a means to process fractional quantities using completely modular arithmetic without carry. Our combined portfolio of IP continues to grow as MaiTRIX continues its push to exploit this renewed technology. Recently, we’ve taken what we know and we’re applying this to a new class of computing machine which targets AI and deep learning applications. We’re still in the infancy stage of our hardware design, but initial results are quite impressive.” MaiTRIX is a Nevada corporation engaged in design, development and licensing of residue based processor and other unique digital technologies.
- July 19, 2016 – USPTO grants key patent underlying residue based product summation technology. Eric Olsen, president of MaiTRIX, states “We are happy the US patent office has recognized our licensing partners inventions relating to residue based product summation methods. Because emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence rely on vast amounts of product summations, MaiTRIX is confident that residue based systems will emerge as a preferred methodology as it provides the fastest rates, lowest power consumption, highest accuracy and built in redundancy. In fact, product summation is the new motivation behind the pursuit of residue based processing systems.” MaiTRIX is a Nevada corporation engaged in design, development and licensing of residue based processors and other unique digital technologies.
- April 7, 2015 – USPTO grants key patent underlying advanced residue based processor technology. Eric Olsen, president of MaiTRIX, states “We are happy the US patent office has recognized our technology by granting a key patent. Through a unique partnership, MaiTRIX acquires exclusive rights to sub-license the new technology for CPU and other arithmetic processing applications. This is an exciting time for MaiTRIX as we expect many more advancements in the months ahead”. MaiTRIX is engaged in design, development and licensing of residue based processors and other unique digital technologies.
- January 19, 2015 – MaiTRIX (MaiTRIX) to seek strategic partner. Foregoing conventional methods of venture capital funding. Mr. Eric Olsen, President and CEO of MaiTRIX states: “We are thrilled to unveil the first working residue processor demonstration to the world, and as a result of our success, we intend to seek a strategic partner relationship with a suitable high tech company already vested in research and development efforts”.
- November 15, 2014 – MaiTRIX unveils Mod-9 ALU performing general purpose calculations. Mr. Eric Olsen, CEO and president of MaiTRIX states “We are excited to unveil our Mod-9 ALU, the first residue number based processor capable of general purpose calculations. The Mod-9 ALU is easily programmed using the NIOS-II IDE environment from Altera, and in our first demonstration we show the ability of the Mod-9 processor to accurately depict Mandelbrot fractal images. The accuracy of the iterative calculations are stunning, and we are excited to see the processor concretely demonstrated”.
- September 15, 2014 – MaiTRIX (MaiTRIX) loses bid for free booth at the SC14 Emerging Technologies booth contest. Eric Olsen, president of MaiTRIX states: “We thank the SC14 Emerging Technologies committee for their time and consideration in evaluating our submission. However, we remain disappointed that MaiTRIX was not selected for the Emerging Technologies forum. One of the issues we face is the perception that our technology represents little more than prior art, and for that reason, we may have lost our bid. MaiTRIX has discovered something that appears quite implausible, that a small company has discovered a new method for machine based arithmetic where others have failed for over 55 years. We remain committed to proving to the world that our developments are quite real”.
- ISCAS 2018, May 30, Florence Italy.
- MaiTRIX invites you to ISCAS 2018, the premier IEEE symposium for the advancement of circuits and system design. MaiTRIX will provide a short presentation of its RNS TPU. This presentation will provide an overview of fractional multiplication in the modular domain, the development of a high-speed modular accumulator, and extrapolated performance metrics of the RNS TPU.